Tress-Tastic!

To say that I needed a haircut would be a drastic understatement. What I needed was to shave my head bald and start from scratch. However, I’m not that self-confident.

My hair is a horrid mop of dense, natural curls. I have given up on any image-specific replica and instead went with a new approach. I told the stylist I wanted short, but not like a boy and not like an old lady. And no mullets, although I hope this would always go without saying. The logistics were up to her.

I’m afraid I have a variation on the Kate Gosselin cut. Short in the back, party in the front. After explaining to my mother what a mullet was, she quipped, “So she gave you a backwards mullet instead?” My mother then proceeded to laugh hysterically for the next 5 minutes. She’s always one for the moral support.

When I returned home, I asked Jedi what he thought. “You look like Princess Leia,” he said. Visions of poofy side buns flashed before my eyes. “Is that good or bad?”, I asked. “Hmm…”, he thought. “Both.” I agree, kid. I’m kind of on the fence about it, too.

Comments

1. says

Your stylist and my stylist must be in cahoots together. Last time I went to have my hair cut, I said I wanted it short, about x length, but she could be creative with the rest. AND I HAD THE SAME HAIRCUT, honestly, THE EXACT SAME.

My favorite part of pregnancy has been, hands down, how quickly my hair grew out that hair cut. Although, that said, when I look at the pictures now, I realize it actually looked just fine.

I think yours looks good too =) Besides, it’ll grow back out and next time you can add “and not what you did last time” to your list of cuts you don’t want your stylist to give you.
    .-= Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com´s latest blog post..Pet peeves. =-.

From: C.
    on July 1st, 2009

@Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com, This must be the “when all else fails” cut. It wouldn’t be so bad if she had taken a little more off the sides/front because as it is now, it likes to POOF.

2. says

I think the cut looks great (and not like a reverse mullet). I wish I had the guts to go for a cute bob!

From: C.
    on July 1st, 2009

@janet, Thank you. It might actually be better if it were a bob, but the back is pixie-cut short. If nothing else, at least it’s not as heavy as before.

3. says

Oh you shush about Kate Gosselin! Your hair is super cute! My hair is also curly but in a crazy half-jungle fro half-sticking my finger in a light socket.
    .-= kirida´s latest blog post..my big gay weekend =-.

From: C.
    on July 1st, 2009

@kirida, That’s how my hair normally is, too. Which is why it POOFS now. The above picture was taken a few minutes after coming home from the salon, where the stylist weighed my hair down with about a gallon’s worth of product. It was gross, to say the least. Then again, the POOF isn’t that great, either.

4. says

I think it’s cute. As someone with curly hair, I’ll tell you something I rarely confess to:

I need to use salon shampoo & conditioner, but Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse works the best on my hair.

Yes, really.
    .-= Angella´s latest blog post… Never A Dull Moment =-.

From: C.
    on July 1st, 2009

@Angella, Thanks. I’ll have to try that.