Tress-Tastic!

To say that I needed a haircut would be a drastic understatement. What I needed was to shave my head bald and start from scratch. However, I’m not that self-confident.

My hair is a horrid mop of dense, natural curls. I have given up on any image-specific replica and instead went with a new approach. I told the stylist I wanted short, but not like a boy and not like an old lady. And no mullets, although I hope this would always go without saying. The logistics were up to her.

I’m afraid I have a variation on the Kate Gosselin cut. Short in the back, party in the front. After explaining to my mother what a mullet was, she quipped, “So she gave you a backwards mullet instead?” My mother then proceeded to laugh hysterically for the next 5 minutes. She’s always one for the moral support.

When I returned home, I asked Jedi what he thought. “You look like Princess Leia,” he said. Visions of poofy side buns flashed before my eyes. “Is that good or bad?”, I asked. “Hmm…”, he thought. “Both.” I agree, kid. I’m kind of on the fence about it, too.

Your stylist and my stylist must be in cahoots together. Last time I went to have my hair cut, I said I wanted it short, about x length, but she could be creative with the rest. AND I HAD THE SAME HAIRCUT, honestly, THE EXACT SAME.

My favorite part of pregnancy has been, hands down, how quickly my hair grew out that hair cut. Although, that said, when I look at the pictures now, I realize it actually looked just fine.

I think yours looks good too =) Besides, it’ll grow back out and next time you can add “and not what you did last time” to your list of cuts you don’t want your stylist to give you.
    .-= Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com´s latest blog post..Pet peeves. =-.

From: C.
    on July 1st, 2009

@Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com, This must be the “when all else fails” cut. It wouldn’t be so bad if she had taken a little more off the sides/front because as it is now, it likes to POOF.

janet says:

I think the cut looks great (and not like a reverse mullet). I wish I had the guts to go for a cute bob!

From: C.
    on July 1st, 2009

@janet, Thank you. It might actually be better if it were a bob, but the back is pixie-cut short. If nothing else, at least it’s not as heavy as before.

kirida says:

Oh you shush about Kate Gosselin! Your hair is super cute! My hair is also curly but in a crazy half-jungle fro half-sticking my finger in a light socket.
    .-= kirida´s latest blog post..my big gay weekend =-.

From: C.
    on July 1st, 2009

@kirida, That’s how my hair normally is, too. Which is why it POOFS now. The above picture was taken a few minutes after coming home from the salon, where the stylist weighed my hair down with about a gallon’s worth of product. It was gross, to say the least. Then again, the POOF isn’t that great, either.

Angella says:

I think it’s cute. As someone with curly hair, I’ll tell you something I rarely confess to:

I need to use salon shampoo & conditioner, but Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse works the best on my hair.

Yes, really.
    .-= Angella´s latest blog post… Never A Dull Moment =-.

From: C.
    on July 1st, 2009

@Angella, Thanks. I’ll have to try that.