Better than BlogHer

I believe I’m probably 1 of 3 female bloggers who are not attending BlogHer this year. I feel somewhat confounded for this, since the conference takes place practically in my backyard; a small 3 hour drive away. However, a.) I’m awkwardly shy in real life (no, really), b.) Abby may have something to say about her all-you-can-eat buffet disappearing for hours on end (she only likes me for my boobs) and c.) we’ve covered my disdain for all things Chicago and traffic, yes? Yes.

Most importantly though, the 24th is my little girl’s 1st birthday. Why discuss the inner workings of my rickety old (new-ish) blog when there is cake to be had?

Blog. Blawg. My God that’s an awful word.

Truth be told, I have no idea what BlogHer actually entails since I have never been. It could be all ponies and pedicures, in which case SIGN ME UP. And there’s always next year (again), as long as the dates are different. For as much as I would love to meet everyone, I would never miss an opportunity to celebrate my beautiful daughter.

Blahg. Blah-Grrr. It seems like a fun word to say whilst drunk, anyway. And yes, to those who are going, I JUST GAVE YOU AN AWESOME IDEA.

Jen says:

I’m not going to BlogHer, either, so you’re not alone :) Someday I may make it!

Molly @ ADB says:

Not going either! And Chicago is 40 minutes from my house. I just don’t get what the big deal is about BlogHer. Maybe some day I’ll go and find out, but for now I’m with you, I’d rather spend the time with my family.
    .-= Molly @ ADB´s latest blog post… Haiku Friday: I totally thought up the Snuggie like five years ago =-.

Candace says:

My goodness.. I can’t believe Abby is already almost 1! I hope she has a wonderful 1st birthday and I can’t wait to see pictures :) I’ve always secretly wanted to go to BlogHer but I don’t think I’m “popular” enough haha I’ve never been one of The Cool Kids anyway ;/
    .-= Candace´s latest blog post… Dieting =-.

I’m not going either…I’m not cool like that!
    .-= Krystyn´s latest blog post… Ready to roll =-.

kirida says:

I’m not going to BlogHer either! I’m going to party it up here in Seattle, which means just eating chips and watching funny videos on youtube.
    .-= kirida´s latest blog post… highs and lows =-.

This is my first year. It will make or break my opinion of BlogHer, lol I have always wondered if it really lived up to all this hype.
    .-= Midwest Mommy´s latest blog post… You learn something new each day… =-.

bananas says:

Hey you are in GREAT company of BlogHer non-goers. THEY’LL be air kissing and live blogging in their support hose and push up bras while WE’RE comfortably at home in our pjs drinking cocoa and watching old movies. I’ll let you in on a little secret, WE’re the ones to be envied. Trust me. I’m an expert. ;)
    .-= bananas´s latest blog post… A Public Service Announcement about Six =-.

I’m not going either. I went in ’07 and had a great time and all, but it was hardly worth missing my baby’s FIRST birthday for it.

Have some cake for me!
    .-= Formerly Gracie´s latest blog post… Cold, Fizzy Lime-flavored Nostagia =-.

Hi, I stumbled upon your blog from Mom101. I am not going to Blogher either, so you’re not alone! I am new to the blogging world. I don’t even know what it is, really. Enjoy the party!
    .-= Angie @ Surviving Motherhood´s latest blog post… MIA =-.