Potty Time

At a little more than 3 years old, we are just now beginning the prospect of potty training Buzz. I would have introduced the idea earlier, but I was waiting for his speech to progress. Plus, we seem to have lost Jedi’s old potty chair. There for awhile, Buzz was on a fast track to being the only kid in high school still in diapers because we couldn’t remember to buy a new potty chair.

The first Saturday after we bought the chair, I let Buzz run around sans diaper for a few hours, chirpily asking intermittently, “Do you have to go potty?”. He’d run in, sit down, and then promptly run back out again like a game. This went on until he peed on my bed, at which point the diaper returned and we called it a day.

This morning, I thought I’d give it a try again. I stripped him down and enthusiastically sat him on the potty. At which point, he grabbed his pajamas from my hand and ran out of the room crying. I found him sitting on the floor, frantically putting his pants back on.

This isn’t going to be easy. On the bright side, at least he’ll be potty trained before high school. I hope.

Candace says:

Potty Training is actually the only thing that I Really Really Dread. Well, besides the sex talk, duh.

I’m going to tell you what everyone used to tell me: “Don’t worry. It’ll happen”.

Of course, at the time, I hated hearing that since I wasn’t so sure :-) It took time and lots of patience….oh my gosh, so much patience, but we got there. Buzz will too!
    .-= Formerly Gracie´s latest blog post… Because I da’Mommy and I Said So =-.

From: C.
    on July 15th, 2009

@Formerly Gracie, That’s how it went with Jedi, too. One day it just clicked. I know it will with Buzz, as well, it’s just. You know. Only 1 kid in diapers would be really nice.

I sure hope we get to that “clicking” point soon….this is getting old here!

Good luck to you.
    .-= Krystyn´s latest blog post… MFS Eyewear and Sun Protection Zone Review and Giveaway =-.

Aunt Becky says:

I hate potty training almost as much as I hate mayo. I need to start with Alex, but I’m thinking he’s not ready yet.
    .-= Aunt Becky´s latest blog post… Let’s Just Leave This As “I Have Something In My Eye” =-.

From: C.
    on July 16th, 2009

@Aunt Becky, Oh man, not a good comparison! I LOVE mayo!

m&ms. That’s my advice. good luck.
    .-= the mama bird diaries´s latest blog post… summer jobs can really suck =-.

Toya says:

as all it requires patience and love
    .-= Toya´s latest blog post… Potty Training Tips for Boys =-.