A Perfect Analogy

Since Jedi’s diagnosis this week, he has to have regular snacks between meals throughout the day. At first, I was at a loss for somewhat healthy treats to give. While he doesn’t have any restrictions on his diet, I still feel like I should do some research and stock up on more balanced items than cookies and ice cream. We all agreed on popcorn, though, and that has since become one of our staples.

For their late afternoon nosh attack, all the kids were given bowls of popcorn while watching a movie. When I walked in to check on them, Jedi was discussing and explaining their simple feast with Abby.

“I told her that popcorn is like macaroni n’ cheese, but you eat it with your hands. And there’s no cheese”, he said, as if he had been really thinking about this perfect analogy.

“Oh, macaroni n’ cheese is like popcorn?”, I asked, confused. Maybe I don’t think like him enough, because it just doesn’t seem the same to me.

“Yeah, but there aren’t any noodles, either”, he quipped.

So macaroni n’ cheese is apparently just like popcorn, but without the cheese and noodles and you have to eat it with a fork. Amused, I replied, “They really aren’t anything alike then, are they?”.

“Yeah”, he agreed between bites. “But they kinda are.”

And that is why I am so happy he’s home.

Heather says:

Aw, such insight for a young one. They’re nothing alike, except that they’re both very good. :)

Melissa says:

Sounds like he’s in good spirits–glad to hear he’s doing ok despite the circumstances. :)

Kate says:

Yum… Popcorn and cheese slices is one of my favorite snacks. Add apples or carrots and you’ve got a meal. Only it doesn’t float with my husband.
    Kate’s latest post: Word problems already

Candace says:

Hahaha oh man I love kids and their “logic”! What a great conversation.. I love all of your posts about your kids and what they say or the conversations they have. Totally makes me smile <3
    Candace’s latest post: 12 weeks

Aging Mommy says:

That is just wonderful, don’t you love the logic of a young child? I can tell that you are just so very happy to have your little Jedi back home and doing well.

Totally makes sense! Awesome. Hey, if u want some snack ideas, email me. (I have PCOS and take metformin, which means I have to follow a diabetic diet and have regular snacks too).
    Tina’s latest post: Mood Music- Falling for you

I am glad he is doing better. Their logic is funny, isn’t it?
    Rudri Patel’s latest post: Grateful