With 3 kids, our back to school days can be a bit hectic. Luckily, I’m the kind of person who strives on routine and schedule. I would have to be to make sure everyone gets out the door at the right time. It’s a balancing act for sure. One that weighs their backpacks full of supplies on one hand, and a nutritional yet fun lunchbox any kid would look forward to in the other.
But lunches are easy when we take help from Nature’s Harvest® Bread and Entenmann’s® Little Bites™ Snacks. Available at Walmart, it’s a winning combination that is sure to be the “Life of the Lunchbox!”.
Just so our days aren’t completely impossible, though, I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I’ve learned throughout the years.
1. Quick and Easy Lunchbox Ideas – Kids look forward to a great lunch. They don’t want the same pb&j, though, just like parents want a better, more nutritional option, too. It has to be just as quick, however.
Thus, I’ve been putting our own spin on that trusty lunch staple by making an Almond Butter Blueberry Spread Sandwich with Nature’s Harvest® Bread. Nature’s Harvest® whole grain breads are baked with at least 8 grams of whole grains per serving, and without high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors or colors.
This Almond Butter Blueberry Spread Sandwich was made for my daughter, hence flowers, but use any style cookie cutter to make the sandwich the star of the show. A great lunchbox has to have a great snack, too, so make sure you pair the sandwich with Little Bites™ Snacks.
Little Bites™ Snacks are a wholesome, fun snack perfectly packaged for the lunchbox and made with real ingredients and never any High fructose corn syrup or Trans Fat. Together they are the “Life of the Lunchbox™!”
2. Get Clothes Ready the Night Before – There is nothing worse than digging through their drawers first thing in the morning trying to find a matching sock. It’s so much easier to just get everything set out and ready to go the night before.
3. Homework Done! – Homework stations are a great idea to make sure kids are ready with everything they need to finish their homework. My kids do their homework as soon as they come home. This is mainly so that I, and they, won’t forget come the next day as they’re hustling off to school. I also make sure to immediately sign all forms or papers that need signed and return to their proper school folders. What can I say, we’re a forgetful bunch and I don’t need any morning surprises.
4. Set Up a Routine – Get dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth and hair, put on shoes, wait for the bus on school mornings. Then check backpack, homework, snack, talk about their day, chores, prepare again for the next day when they get home. It’s the same every school day. I thrive on it.
Enter to win a $10,000 Savings Bond from Nature’s Harvest® Bread and Little Bites™ Snacks in the “Life of the Lunchbox™” Sweepstakes! Find more information and enter to win at www.lifeofthelunchbox.com.
- 2 slices Nature’s Harvest® Bread
- 1 tbsp Blueberry Fruit Spread
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 fresh blueberry for decoration
- Large cookie cutter
- First, cut out the shape of the sandwich with your cookie cutter. You can also do this after you've applied your filling, which would seal the edges.
- Spread your almond butter evenly and to all edges. Then spread the fruit spread.
- Place one blueberry in the middle of the flower, pushing in so it stays in place.