This is a sponsored post to share Cocoa Pebbles Spider Crispy Treats.
Halloween is almost upon us, but there’s still time to make a batch of some fun spooky treats. And I have just the recipe to share that turns a box of Cocoa Pebbles into Spider Crispy Treats! You’ll never look at your cereal the same way again!
These Cocoa Pebbles Spider Crispy Treats are a trick and a treat, because there’s no rule saying you need one or another. There’s room for both when they’re just this good and easy! I’m looking forward to whipping up a batch myself.
First, form the Cocoa Pebbles into Crispy Treats by melting marshmallows in butter, then stirring into the Cocoa Pebbles. Press into a prepared pan and let cool. Then, use a round cookie cutter to cut treats into circles. Use mini pretzel sticks for the legs, mini marshmallows for the eyes, and Tootsie Rolls for it’s triangle-shaped fangs.
You won’t need to run in fear from these spiders!
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) Cocoa Pebbles cereal (6 cups)
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) of miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 bag mini pretzel sticks
- 1 black edible ink marker
- 1 pkg. Fruit Tootsie Rolls
- Spray a 9×9 pan lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat in large saucepan on stove. When butter is melted, stir in one bag of mini marshmallows until melted. Remove from heat and stir in 6 cups of Cocoa Pebbles. Press evenly into prepared pan. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Use a 2" round cookie cutter to cut the Cocoa Pebbles treats into circles. Alternatively, use a glass pint-sized cup to cut treats into circles.
- Stick four mini pretzel sticks into each side of the crispy treat for the spider's legs.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten mini marshmallows and stick two on each crispy treat for the spider's eyes. Draw eyes on the whites of the mini marshmallows using the black edible ink marker.
- Carefully cut triangle shaped fangs out of vanilla flavored Tootsie Rolls using a sharp knife. Stick two on each crispy treat.
Be sure to check out all of our fun Halloween ideas at Kid Things, from tricks to treats!