One of my favorite holiday books-turned-movies is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Maybe because I can relate to the big green guy. Every year I go through a spell of feeling like a Grinch myself, with a little heart and a big attitude. These How the Grinch Stole Christmas Pretzels have enough heart for all, though. Because they’re covered in heart sprinkles.
These deliciously fun How the Grinch Stole Christmas Pretzels are dipped in white chocolate bark that has been dyed green with food coloring.
We used 6 cubes of bark and about 25 drops of green dye for this color. The more you add in, though, the darker the color will be.
Then, before the bark has set, roll the pretzels through heart sprinkles.
Set the pretzels on wax paper until the bark hardens. Don’t worry, it hardens really fast. That’s just one of the reasons why I love working with bark. I’ve found it’s so much easier to work with than white chocolate. It’s one of my favorite ways to make holiday goodies.
These How the Grinch Stole Christmas Pretzels will be sure to grow even the grinchiest of hearts 3 sizes. And then some. They would also make a great gift idea, too, for those who may not yet be in the Christmas spirit. Because we all sometimes need a reminder to lighten up, it’s Christmas!
- 1 bag of pretzel dipping sticks
- 6 cubes white chocolate bark
- green food coloring
- heart sprinkles
- Prepare an area with wax paper. Also lay out heart sprinkles in an even layer.
- Using a cereal-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the bark in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth.
- Add 25 or more drops of green food coloring until you reach Grinch color,
- Dip one end of the pretzel stick into bark, swirling to remove any excess..Roll through heart sprinkles.
- Set on wax paper to harden.
- Continue until all pretzels are made.
Be sure to check out even more Christmas recipe ideas and crafts at Kid Things!