There’s nothing better at the end of a hot summer day than freeze pops, or popsicles as they’re popularly known. As such, when I started to think about the upcoming Independence Day holiday on July 4th and all the red, white, and blue decorations around, incorporating those colors in a yummy, sweet freeze pop recipe seemed like a perfect union.
And that’s how these Red, White, and Blue Sprinkle Freeze Pops came about.
The sprinkle freeze pops themselves are made with a combination of white chocolate, half & half, and yogurt. Pour into a freeze pop mold with red, white, and blue sprinkles and let freeze.
Once ready, you have a fun, tasty way to celebrate on July 4th! Kids, of course, will love all those decadent sprinkles in the white chocolate mixture. It’s like fireworks at the end of the freeze pops!
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 container vanilla yogurt
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Melt the white chocolate in 1 cup half & half over low heat, stirring occasionally until just melted.
- Let cool briefly.
- While cooling add about 1 tsp sprinkles, or as much as desired, to each popsicle mold.
- Stir yogurt into white chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Pour into freeze pop molds.
- Freeze for about 4 hours, or until completely frozen.