Spring has sprung and with it comes rain, flowers, bright colors, and hopefully good fortune. You can tempt your luck just a bit more with these Spring Fortune Cookies!
I have to say, I’ve always loved fortune cookies. They were my favorite part of a meal after shrimp fried rice. We’d all take turns breaking open our cookie and sharing what our fortune read. Some were more accurate than others.
Better than wishing good luck after a meal, though, these Spring Fortune Cookies are great for wishing a happy spring!
For these Spring Fortune Cookies, you’ll start with store bought fortune cookies. You will also need white, orange, blue, and yellow candy melts.
After that, it’s a matter of dipping the fortune cookies in the colored candy melts. A few of each color, then covered with vibrant Spring sprinkles. There’s no cooking involved, all you need is a microwave.
This is a great treat for the kids to help with, as well. They’ll have a blast with all the different colors of candy melts and getting to play with sprinkles.
And then, your Spring Fortune Cookies are ready to open! That’s a fun part, too.
Here’s to a Happy Spring and the best of luck to everyone!
- 12 fortune cookies - store bought
- ½ cup white Wilton candy melts
- ½ cup orange Wilton candy melts
- ¼ cup blue Wilton candy melts
- ¼ cup yellow Wilton candy melts
- Easter Spring Mix sprinkles
- Pastel confetti sprinkles
- Pastel nonpareils sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the white candy melts to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 50 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Dip 3 fortune cookies into the melted white chocolate and place back on the lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle with the pastel Easter sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
- Microwave the orange candy melts for 50 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Dip 3 of the fortune cookies into the melted orange candy and return to the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with pastel confetti sprinkles.
- Microwave the blue candy melts for 50 seconds and stir until melted and smooth.
- Dip 3 fortune cookies into the melted blue candy and place back on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with pastel nonpareils sprinkles.
- Add the yellow candy melts to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 50 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Dip the remaining fortune cookies into the melted yellow candy. Return to the cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle with the pastel nonpareil's sprinkles.
Be sure to check out all the other fun Spring treats and craft ideas at Kid Things!