My kids love Cinnamon Sugar Toast. It’s a simple breakfast treat that literally anyone can make, even when you’re running low on everything else. Because of this, my kids don’t complain one bit when I forget to go to the store the day before. Better than regular toast, however, because there’s sugar. All you need is bread, butter, cinnamon and sugar.
Did I mention sugar?
Add a heart to your toast, though, and you have a sweet way to wake up in the morning!
For this Sweet Heart Cinnamon Sugar Toast, either take a small heart cookie cutter, small enough to fit inside a piece of bread, or cut a heart out of paper. I did the latter. Toast your bread, butter it, then, laying your cookie cutter or cut-out shape on top of the bread liberally sprinkle your cinnamon and sugar mixture inside the heart. Make sure whatever you use it doesn’t move. Let it soak in completely before removing. You can help out the soaking in process with a clean finger or other kitchen instrument if needed.
You know it’s going to be a good day when you wake up to something just a little special. In fact, I made this for my kids this past weekend. It’s a cute idea for Valentine’s Day, of course, but it’s also a great way to show your sweet hearts some love any day throughout the year!
- 4 pcs white sandwich bread
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heart template or cookie cutter
- Toast your bread. While it's toasting, melt 2 tbsp of butter in the microwave at 30 seconds.
- Mix your cinnamon and sugar together.
- Once bread is toasted and butter melted, spread butter onto bread using a pastry brush.
- Place your template, either a cookie cutter or paper with heart shape cut out gently on top of bread. Making sure it's held in place, generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar.
- Let it soak in before removing template.
- Eat and enjoy!