This is a sponsored post for Tiny Toast through Acorn Influence. All opinions are mine.
Getting everyone together in the morning can be a challenge. The summer months are lazier, but there are still schedules to keep and errands to run. Thankfully, my kids are now at an age where they’re capable of getting themselves ready, albeit not so quickly, and preparing their own breakfast. My oldest son, who is going on 13 in a few months, is especially great at this and helping his siblings, too, just as long as I make sure to keep some easy to fix options on hand.
One such option that makes everyone happy is Tiny Toast cereal. Available at Kroger, this new cereal has real strawberry or blueberry flavor in every piece with no artificial flavors, no colors from artificial sources, no high-fructose corn syrup and only 9 grams of sugar.
It’s a great breakfast that my almost-teen is happy to fix for himself in the morning and I can still feel good about what he’s eating.
Tiny Toast is a deliciously filling start to the day as your normal in a bowl with milk and a spoon type of cereal.
But it’s also great thrown in a baggie for quick munching on the go or included in our Tiny Toast Cereal Yogurt Parfait.
Our Tiny Toast Cereal Yogurt Parfait is layered with vanilla yogurt, fresh strawberries or blueberries, maple syrup granola, and Tiny Toast cereal. In less than 5 minutes, you have a delicious variation on the bowl of morning cereal that even my son says is easy to prepare.
The only part of our Tiny Toast Cereal Yogurt Parfait that requires any effort is the maple syrup granola. For that, we simply mixed old-fashioned oats, chopped pecans, chopped walnuts, ground cinnamon, and salt with canola oil, vanilla flavor, and pure maple syrup.
Then bake at 300 degrees for about 40 minutes or until it’s all nice and toasted. Let cool and keep stored in an airtight container that’s so readily available and in plain view that even your pre-teen can find it. So basically right in front of their face.
Finally, it’s time to layer. We like to start with a bit of vanilla yogurt on the bottom, followed by granola, fresh berries, more yogurt, a generous layer of Tiny Toast, another layer of yogurt, a bit more berries with a sprinkle of more granola.
Now that’s a way to wake up in the morning! These cereal yogurt parfaits are really good frozen, too.
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh berries, blueberries or strawberries
- 1 cup Tiny Toast cereal
- ¼ cup maple syrup granola
- maple syrup granola ingredients:
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- First, prepare maple syrup granola by preheating oven to 300 degrees and spreading aluminum foil or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Combine old fashioned oats, pecans, walnuts, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl mix canola oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir maple syrup mixture with oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture on the baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes or until toasted. Toss halfway through.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
- For the Tiny Toast Cereal Yogurt Parfait, layer 2 large spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt in the bottom of a glass. Top that layer with another large spoonful of granola and fresh berries. Then more yogurt and a cup of Tiny Toast cereal. Top with just a bit more yogurt, a few more fresh berries, and a sprinkle of granola.
Be sure to get your coupons for Tiny Toast before your next visit to Kroger so you can try it for yourself for less!