This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #LoveMyCereal #QuakerUp
Christmas is the season… for tasty treats. I have to say, I’ve never been much of a baker. I still don’t think I am, but this Christmas season has me singing a different tune. No, not Jingle Bells. Though we’ve been singing that tune, too.
This different tune has to do with treats that you can’t get enough of. I’m trying, and liking, all sorts of different delicious desserts, many of which would be great to give as gifts, as well. Such is this recipe for White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Bars made with pecans, too, and a base of Quaker® Life Cinnamon.
Quaker® has so many products that you can use for baking, cooking, or just snacking options. While I decided to go with Quaker® Life Cinnamon, which I thought would really make a tasty base for these bars, there are a variety options from Quaker® Real Medleys®, Quaker® Oatmeal Squares, Quaker® Simply Granola, and Quaker® Life.
Christmas is also the season for fighting crowds and packed aisles, which is exactly what I was expecting when I headed to Walmart to pick up my ingredients for these dessert bars, as it was less than a week before the big day. I made my way through to pick up Quaker® Life Cinnamon cereal, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, white chocolate chips and everything else needed. I’m just happy that I was able to pick it all up in one place.
These White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Bars are so worth it, however. The flavors just belong together. The Quaker® cereal crust has such a wonderful soft texture with a bit of cinnamon-y sweetness, and the cranberries are a nice bright burst in every bite. And, like I said, if you don’t want to fight the aisles anymore, these are also great to give as gifts in cute little gift bags, tied with a Christmas tie.
My kids, I should add, are also greatly benefiting from my burgeoning baking skills. They’re trying, and liking, all sorts of different tasty treats along with me. They definitely approve of these White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry cereal bars. I let them have a taste or two, before I eat the rest. Because that’s what keeps me on the nice list.
- 4 cups Quaker Life Cinnamon cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line square baking dish (I used an 8x8) with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, including sides.
- Melt butter in a medium sized bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave. Finely ground the Quaker Life Cinnamon cereal and add to butter. Mix until well combined.
- Press cereal and butter mixture into bottom of baking dish.
- Evenly pour can of sweetened condensed milk over cereal, then top with white chocolate chips, cranberries and pecans.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Let sit until completely cool so bars can set. About 1½ hours.
- Cut into 16 squares.